Want to become more involved? We have committee volunteer opportunities that contribute to the overall success of NALA.
Your vote counts!
NALA has continued to grow and prosper simply because our members are involved and invested in the growth of the paralegal profession. NALA is a membership organization. This means that the individual voices of our members matter greatly.
As an Active type member of NALA, you get the privilege to vote for important issues within the association. This includes voting for who you think is the best candidate to represent your interests on the NALA Board of Directors and also any bylaw amendments. This voting guide will help provide you with the necessary information about each candidate and the bylaw changes in order to assist you in casting the right vote.
Proposed Bylaw Amendment:
The Board of Directors is recommending for approval of the members one amendment to the NALA Bylaws.
At the Spring Board of Directors Meeting, the NALA Board of Directors received the following recommendation from the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) Committee. We recommend that the DEI Committee become a permanent part of NALA. This committee would include a chair and at least one or two members who will work with the Corporation to ensure DEI in all areas of the organization.
About the Voting Process:
All voting for Board of Directors candidates and bylaw changes will be cast BEFORE the Annual Membership Meeting held at the July conference.
We will be using a vote-submit-confirm process. Your vote will not officially count until you have confirmed your vote. Only Active type members in good standing forty-five (45) days prior to the annual meeting shall be qualified to vote.
Voting will open on June 30 at 7:00 a.m. CT, and it will close on July 21 at 11:59 p.m.CT. Election results will be announced during the Annual Membership Meeting at Conference on July 22, 2021.
Continuing Education Council (CEC)
- Planning conference education sessions
- Developing, coordinating, and facilitating continuing education programs and certification review courses
- Producing Facts & Findings
Professional Development Committee (PDC)
- Maintain Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Maintain Model Standards and Guidelines for Utilization of Paralegals
- Provide articles for Facts & Findings
- Oversee the research and publishing of the National Utilization and Compensation Survey
- Keeping up to date on activities affecting the paralegal profession
- Oversee the development of professional development courses